Monday, August 4, 2014

Day 11: Swelling is Going Down?

Hello internet! (:

So it's been 11 days been since my surgery which is crazy to me. On the unfortunate side, I definitely feel like I can still feel the fact that I've had surgery. Which I guess is to be expected!

I haven't really done much. . . except I have managed to have some normalcy back into my  life. I've been able to go get gas for my car and make a complete fool of myself in front of a cute guy--you know because that's always pleasurable. Hahaha. 

And supposedly the swelling on my nose has gone down! I can't really seem to tell only because I see my nose every single day, but according to my mother that's what she believes. 

I'm really excited to be getting my splints out on Friday and I'm really, really looking forward to the fact that I can start using my new nose! Apparently,I was a really bad snorer (which I was never told) and I'm really excited to see if that gets any better. So far, it's kind of hard to tell since I am so unbelievably stuffy and congested. But on the fortunate side, I'm actually not feeling much pain at all so that's really nice! 

My nose, however, has decided to become super sensitive to anything. . . so even if I lightly touch it, everything just feels rather odd and even slightly putting any pressure on it really hurts. So that's rather unpleasant. 

In all honesty, I'm still getting used to the way my face looks with my new nose. It's definitely a lot straighter in my opinion and just the fact that my nostrils are the same size kind of is unfathomable to me. It's always rather been annoying actually. 

Of course, along with having that silly cast on my nose came some acne. And the only reason this bothers me is because I never, ever have acne as severe as what I have and while they're only small, I really hate the feel of them and I really don't like the fact that my nose is really dry and it's like peeling skin. 

And now I must go because I'm "packing" for college. (Not really). I'm having to go through my room and throw away things because somebody will be using my room once I leave in two weeks. Quite frankly, it makes me kind of sad and nostalgic to go through all of my old stuff. I've been looking at old yearbooks and looking at old toys and books and old journals and to me, it's crazy to be thinking that I won't be in my room anymore in 2 weeks--in fact, I'll be living with someone who I don't know, who isn't even from this state and then I'll also be sharing a small living space with her. As excited as I am to go to college, it kind of makes me sad and it kind of makes me nervous to be an "adult". However, I do think that at the end of the day, I'm prepared and I'm ready to just be on my own and figure out who I am independently. 

Now. . . 

Here's the picture for the day: 

I hope all of you are having a good day!

Cheers!

-Kendahl x

No comments:

Post a Comment