Monday, May 20, 2013

Seven Weeks Post-Operation Update

It's crazy that it's been over a month and a half since my surgery and so far, things are going well! I feel pretty much back to normal physically and I'm just really reflective about the whole thing. Actually, I had a school/English assignment for this essay thing-a-majig called "This I Believe" and I was able to really reflect on that!

I've decided that I'm going to put that up once I've put it in and everything's all said and done . . . but anyway, I am going to give you guys a real update on me, myself and I:

Pain: 3/10 I just got rubberbands put on, during my check up, last Thursday, the 16th of May and my teeth are now kind of/sort of in pain . . . which is a big pain.
Numbness: As I said before, it's like 90% gone. It's just more in my upper lip and my gums, but still, I can feel my face and know that I'm touching my lips. My smile is still a tad bit tight.
Emotional Status: I'm pretty good right now, actually. It's kind of a nice feeling to just feel content wit anything. Nothing that's extremely happy and nothing that seems like I'm dragging myself. Actually, last Friday was my school's seniors last day and that was kind of depressing to see all my friends leave. They'll be graduating on Thursday and it's nuts to think I won't be seeing them again after that. Lots of crying on Thursday and Friday, hahaha.
Swelling: I'm not sure, still. I know it's still there, but I don't know how much is gone since I'm slowly, but surely getting used to what I look like now.
Congestion: It's usually in my right nostril and quite frankly, it's really, really frustrating. It's like there's swelling in the very back of my sinus area and I can't breath AT all through nostril and that is my better one. I've decided to just take nasal congestion pills and see how those help.
Bleeding: Still gone from what I can see.
Dizziness: I believe it's still gone!
My speech: Still the same as last week, but it's nasally lately because of clogged my nose hsa been.
My smile: Uhhh . . . I don't know. We'll put up a picture. Hahaha.

Other than that, nothing is really new. I'm out of school after next Wednesday which is really nice but because it's a week before finals, I'm pretty much cramming everything. It's a tad bit stressful but I'm managing.

I think I'll start updating a lot more during the summer and keep all of you posted as well. Also, I have a orthodontist appointment on June 6th and I don't see my surgeon again for another month which is a little weird. It went from every week to every other week to a month! NUTS! So yeah, I'll have to update all of you on what happens then. Anyway, time for a quick pic . . .


As you can see, my hair looks a little nuts because it was up all day and I apologize for the bright light in the background. It's almost 8 here. And as you can see, you can see my doggy! And now, I feel the need to take a picture of that! 


Okay, enough of random pictures . . . hahaha. I guess you can kind of get an idea of how random I am. 

So yeah! That's what I look like now, which I think is a huge improvement from week four. It's crazy, actually.

Anyway, that's my little update! I'm actually planning on doing a fun blog once I have time, so look out for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment