Saturday, April 20, 2013

A Sleepover and Some Normalcy

So I went to that sleepover at like 7-ish ad I ended up being the first one there and I'll be honest, I didn't have the most fun ever. Only three girls showed up and not only did I not get to eat what everyone else was eating, but I honestly just didn't like one of the girls. I knew her from other parts of youth group and I always thought she talked too much. She bragged about how many guys have liked her and how she's a 'floater' and has dated jocks and stoners and nerds and preppy guys. She also managed to lie her way through which movies she's seen and which she has saying 'Oh, I've seen this movie' but then says, 'I bet something bad is going to happen!' Uggh. -_- NOOOO! I hate people like that. I hate them. I hate them. I hate them. I hate them. She reminds me of one of these people I used to be friends with back in freshmen year and honestly, I wanted to rip my hair out sometimes. She's the kind of person who asks you about something and then after you get about a sentence in, she starts off on a tangent about herself. 

On the bright side, I managed to paint my nails and the other girl was really nice. However, she was on her phone most of the time. I'm not sure how much I love it when people do that. Sure, it's fine if that's what you like to do and stuff but why must you use your phone when you're supposed to be social with people who are right in front of you? Please, riddle me this. Because I can't seem to fathom as to why my generation is so obsessed with their phone. Honestly? I turn my phone off at night usually and during school, and on top of that, if I'm downstairs in my house, my phone is upstairs lost in my room, somewhere buried in my covers of my bed. What's so special about our smart phones? If someone has the answer, a legitimate answer, someone should tell me. 

Anyway, the sleepover was fine. It was okay, not a lot of fun. Also, I managed to get a hold of a friend and one thing I love about him is that he teases me and makes fun of me as much as he can and that's just how we are. We're completely opposite of each other and somehow, we managed to get along. He hasn't talked to me in a while but now that he has, he treats me like he normally does and doesn't ask me any questions about the surgery and stuff because he knows I'm okay. And that my friends, is what I wish people would do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment