Thursday, April 4, 2013

It's A New Dawn, It's A New Day, It's A New Life

So I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to try and make the most of my relaxation time for now on when it comes to my week off of school. 

I've managed to play my lovely guitar that I got for more birthday about two weeks ago (it's a Taylor!!!!) and even though I can't sing my little heart out like I used to, I can still mumble some words and it's almost the same thing . . . heh. I'm trying to stay optimistic and enjoy what I can do and not focus on what I'm unable to do, because well, what's the fun in that?

In the meantime, I'd like to officially say I can bathe myself, sleep in my own bed again, and walk around the house without getting so dang dizzy! It's a miracle, I tell ya! It's a wonderful time when  I can get back to being so independent and just enjoying myself in my own time because that's really what I'm used to doing. In addition to all of that wonderful news, I can kind-of-sort-of drink from a straw instead of using a syringe! It's kind of difficult with my splint and the the fact that my upper face is still numb, but I can still do it and it's definitely progress!

I'm even MORE excited to try out my new bite with the clarinet and see how far my lisp is just ran away and disappeared! (: 

Going back to the beauty statement I made yesterday, I still have issues though with looking in the mirror, as I don't seem to recognize myself quite yet. My nose sticks out a little more as well as my upper lip and being swollen kind of emphasizes all of these new features on my face. I can't necessarily say I'm in love with it and I can't say I hate it as I've read that it's important to keep an open mind until the swelling is a gone or mostly gone. I'm anxious to see what I'm going to look like when it's all said and done . . . specifically when I get my braces off. (I'm told I get those off in another year or so. ): ) I'm disappointed to say that my braces have been on my stupid teeth for about 6 years which is a pretty long time. Most people I know, have only had them on for a year to two years and even then, some people only have them on for like 11 months or 18 months. 

Fortunately, in the back of my head, I can hear my dad's words in my ear that it's all down hill from here on and it'll all be worth it.

Let's just say . . . my fingers are crossed!

“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.” 
― Oscar WildeLady Windermere's Fan

No comments:

Post a Comment