Friday, April 19, 2013

Doctor Say What?! (And a Little Outing . . . ?)

Hey all! 

So today was okay. Not uber exciting. I missed the first two classes and the beginning of the third hour for my doctor's appointment and it turns out you can still see bone in my gums which is absolutely gross. The resident surgeon was . . . not nice (just sorta kidding) and said that I might need ANOTHER bone graft or like a skin graft. Just thinking about it makes me want to cry . . . okay not really. Just sob for like a second. I already knew that I was going to have at least one more surgery but to think that I might have to have two makes me kind of sad. They also didn't fix the wire poking me in the back and said that I'd have to use wax. The issue with that though is the wax won't stick! So I give up. And they also took bone out of me. That sounds weird. It was like a small sliver but they saw some chipped bone in my gums and took it out. **shutters**. They said my gums are looking clean still and guess what? NO BANDS FOR ME!!!!!! WOOOOOOO! I was so happy to hear that. Apparently, my jaw has aligned to where it's supposed to so I might not have to get bands on after all! (: And what else? Um . . . I don't have to see them weekly anymore. I think I'm happy and sad about that. I have to see them in two weeks and fingers crossed, I'll get my splint out by then. It's nuts to think I'm three weeks in and I'm doing okay physically. It's weird that they always ask me how I'm doing. I don't really know how I'm supposed to be feeling to be honest. I feel like they want me to say something emotionally or something and just say I'm happy all the time but then I'd be lying. They ask silly questions . . . 

Second of all, I'm going to a sleepover with my youth group girls. I'm really, really nervous about it as it won't be . . . my bed. And I'm still recovering. And it's sad to think that I won't be able to eat what the rest of them are eating so I'm eating before I go and hoping that I'll be able to just ignore everyone else and try and be happy with where I am in my results and my recovery. I'm also nervous about sleeping on the floor . . . so my dad is bringing me a special pillow that supports your head and I'm bringing my really amazing pillow that keeps my head elevated and such and also is one of those pillow you can use to lean against on your back and stuff so I should be comfortable with that. I also have to bring my yucky mouthwash with me and my medicine and stuff. I feel like I'm high-maintenance and I don't like it. You know, like I'm over-doing things. I feel like I shouldn't feel like that though, only because the last thing I want is an infection or have to deal with pain or anything. So yes, I'm bringing everything I need to be comfortable!

I'll definitely be updating tomorrow about how that went out and I'll have to see what happens and how comfortable I feel around people I don't all that well. 

I hope all of you have a fabulous weekend and had a wonderful week! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment