Monday, April 15, 2013

Putting Things Into Perspective

This blog post isn't going to be about my surgery necessarily, so if you'd rather skip it, please feel to do so. If not, well, this is about a sad, tragic thing that I just heard about.

I recently just heard about the bombing that happened in Boston and my heart breaks for those who lost someone in those bombings. My heart breaks for the person/people who was the cause of this as it's a horrible thing that this much hatred could be filled in a person or a group of people. I don't know if anybody can really explain why someone can be like this but really, I don't know if anything to me, is a good enough reason to injure or hurt or kill someone who was completely innocent. 

To me, this really put things into perspective. I know now, after hearing countless attacks of innocent people and experiencing it myself, that I will forever be thankful for what I have. I know that I need to keep my mind open and know that even if something bad happens to me, then I need to be able to think about things and think about things. I know that I love my family and my friends and I'm forever thankful for what God has bestowed upon me and my family. I'm beyond thankful for the love, hope, and faith that he's given us. I'm so thankful that I have what I have and although there are things in my life that always don't go great, I know that things could be so much worse for me. 

I really want to say that it's absolutely a blessing to be where I am today, alive and well. I'm thankful for my parents who adopted me and gave me a roof over my head and loved me even though I looked absolutely homely from my condition I was born with. I'm thankful for those who are so kindhearted and gracious and so generous, as I am envious of people like you.

This surgery has definitely been an eye-opening to me as I've seen my strength and weaknesses being challenged but I have absolutely no right to complain about things right now. I had been talking to my mom last night about people not being able to fix their own cleft lip and palate because they don't have the money and the resources to be able to get the surgery they need and it gets to the point where they are my age and they can't really eat because they have that hole in their lip and their palate.

With all that said, I just want to shout to the world about how thankful I am and how sorry I am to hear about what happened in Boston. I had gone through a school shooting from where I am and that had really made me think about things too but it's always sad to see myself only be thankful for things in times of tragedy. So I'm hoping that this time, for my own sake, and I can constantly remind myself about all the things I'm fortunate with and mostly, the loved one I have surrounding me. 

Once again, my thoughts and prayers are with those who have lost someone or is hurt in Boston. 

Quotes:

" . . . But I know Jesus and I talk to God and I remember this from when I was young--faith, hope, and love are some good things he gave us, and the greatest thing is love."

“Life without thankfulness is devoid of love and passion. Hope without thankfulness is lacking in fine perception. Faith without thankfulness lacks strength and fortitude. Every virtue divorced from thankfulness is maimed and limps along the spiritual road.”

No comments:

Post a Comment